Westwood is currently looking to hire an administrative assistant. Would you like to work with us to help us grow our church, strengthen our ministry teams, and prepare for the future of the church in Madison? If so, we’d love for you to apply! Submit a resume, via email to Adam.
The Administrative Assistant serves the members, ministry teams and programs of Westwood through communication, database management, worship service coordination, and assisting the Lead Minister in weekly tasks.
Reports to: Lead Minister
Workload: 20 hours/week
Required Experience, Knowledge And Capabilities
- Shall be proficient with Microsoft office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Shall be familiar with or able to learn quickly social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Shall be organized and efficient in completing tasks
- Shall be humble and teachable
- Shall be committed to working for the unity of the Church across the world
- Shall be a team player
- Maintain the office with supplies and keep the office clean with regular cleaning
- Answer telephone calls and work with the Lead Minister to schedule meetings with those who call
- Organize and distribute curriculum for children’s and youth Sunday School
- Maintain the church social media platforms.
- Assist with communication to the church and distribution of church-wide mailings
- Assist in preparing for Worship services, including bulletin preparation and slides for worship
- Assist in maintaining the church’s database
- Assist in maintaining the website
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Education And Experience
- Previous administrative or secretarial work experience
- Previous work for a church setting
You can download the job description for the position here: