Westwood is currently looking to hire a Family Minister. Would you like to work with us to help us grow our church, strengthen our ministry teams, and prepare for the future of the church in Madison? If so, we’d love for you to apply! Submit a resume, via email to Adam.
The Family Minister has primary responsibility for leading and directing the children and youth programs and partnering with parents to raise children to love Jesus. Emphasis is placed upon developing and cultivating educational programs that serve youth and equip families.
Position Title: Family Minister
Reports to: Lead Minister
Required Experience, Knowledge And Capabilities
- Shall possess experience serving youth, children, or families
- Shall model the grace and love of God in their personal and family life; their working relationship with the church family; and the community
- Shall be organized and efficient in completing tasks
- Shall be humble and teachable
- Shall be committed to working for the unity of the Church across the world
- Prepare our youth and children to serve the Kingdom of God in church, the community, and abroad
- Explore opportunities to serve the families in our community
- Help develop and support of a vibrant children’s ministry.
- Work with the Lead Minister to develop a youth ministry that meets the needs of young people, grows them in the grace of Christ, and helps them to share their faith.
- Work with the Lead Minister to accomplish services and programs that help form people to bear witness to God’s work
- Provide leadership in planning, evaluating, and coordinating programs, ministries, and opportunities for children, youth, and families to grow and service together
- Other duties as assigned
What You Can Expect From Us
- Regular One-on-one meetings with the Lead Minister for development, support, and encouragement
- Expectation that you will use your vacation and off-days for your rest
- Opportunities and support in seeking continued development and growth, including conferences, reading, and additional school as appropriate
- Money in the budget for staff development, training, and encouragement for your teams
- Training on the programs and software we use